Friday, February 15, 2013

The day of love




It has been a while since you came into my life,
Although just yesterday,it seems,
Two young innocent souls we were
Blissfully ignorant of the universe' schemes.

Years passed and I found
A very dependable friend
And it certainly looked from every side that,
The universe was at its wit's end,
To bring us together,
To kindle the light,
And the flying dwarf struck the arrow
Finally, to all's delight!

Those were the crazy, filmy lovestruck days
Butterflies in my tummy, speeding hearts, skipping beats

And then I grew up, hand in hand with you
Every day an adventure , every dream coming true

I saw and loved a new you, with each day that went
Whatever the time came,you never let go of my hand

It's been a while since you came into my life,
But to this day it all is true
You are still my breath of fresh air
I smile everytime I see you.
You complete my lines even before i speak them
And I think your thoughts at the same time you would,
And that does make us feel, perhaps,
We know each other a bit too much for our own good!

I just know , we keep growing old,
Like an exotic bottle of wine,
I love my task of loving you
And I hope it keeps getting better with time.

                                   - with love, Piu.


No comments:

Post a Comment